Company: ACTION AID
Deadline: 8th June 2018
Reports to: Manager Policy, Advocacy & Campaigns
ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid Uganda's mission is to achieve social Justice, gender equality, and poverty eradication by working with people living in extreme poverty and exclusion, their communities, people’s organisations, activists, social movements and their supporters.
Job Summary: The Project Advocacy Officer - Governance and Social Accountability will be responsible for the successfully planning, implementation and monitoring of the Social Accountability Project implementation in the cluster in line with the project logic and scope.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement project activities at the community, Sub County, district and regional level in line with the Project objectives, CSP mission priorities, AAI strategies and global campaign processes.
- Support the institutional and programme capacity building initiatives of community members and partners to implement Project activities in line with Project Plans, budget and AAU Partnership Policy.
- Participate in the mobilization of resources to addressing existing funding gaps at the LRP and Cluster.
- Collect, collate, analyze and prepare periodic project reports that address community priority accountability and social justice
- Promote AAU image and provide technical support to and values!
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the ActionAid Project Advocacy Officer - Governance and Social Accountability job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Rights, Development Studies or Social Sciences from a recognized institution
- A minimum of three years of relevant working experience from a recognized institution, preferably an NGO
- Planning and Budgeting skills
- Capacity building skills
- Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Community mobilization and facilitation skills
- Team player
- Confidence, openness and willingness to learn; Self-driven
- Ability to ride motorcycle and work in community setting
How to Apply:
Human Resource and Organizational Effectiveness,
Plot 2514/2515 Ggaba Road,
Opposite Kampala International University, P.O. Box 676 Kampala. Uganda.
NB: All Applications sent by email should clearly indicate the position title in the subject line.