Company: Child's i Foundation
Deadline : 8th June 2018
To keep a track of Keeping Children in Healthy and Protective Families (KCHPF) progress through the KCHPF MEAL officer
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Officer JOB from Child's i Foundation
- To work with HHCM&E Regional Manager to develop responsive and appropriate MEAL plans, systems and database which integrate the cross-cutting targets and results across all programmes.
- To keep a track of Keeping Children in Healthy and Protective Families (KCHPF) progress through the KCHPF MEAL office
- Lead in developing a relevant and appropriate monitoring and evaluation plan and system for the organisation’s 5 year strategy including the development of indicators
- Establish a feedback mechanism among departments and beneficiaries, ensuring proper documentation and its relevance to current implementation strategy and future programming.
- Ensure the accuracy, relevance and timeliness of data as reflected on the strategy KPIs and external reports to donors, local governments, partners, beneficiaries, among others.
- In coordination with project heads and team leaders, ensure that the format, process and system of reporting are well-agreed and observed.
- Lead in developing a responsive, functional and appropriate feed backing mechanism which can improve current project implementation and guide future programming.
- In coordination with project heads conduct periodic monitoring field visits and ensure the documentation of field visit results.
- Ensure that MEAL process, systems and procedures are upholding the safety and dignity of stakeholders.
- Assist in providing and uploading of information to the MEAL system and ensure the accuracy of the data and files being uploaded.
- Reporting issues and challenges encountered and recommending solutions.
- Ensure the accuracy of all data presented in reports to stakeholders including to donors, local governments, partners, community beneficiaries, among others.
- Devise and manage a MEAL training programme with the goal of increasing capacity and awareness of MEAL for all staff, including regular and scheduled inductions on MEAL for all new staff (if needed)
- Build the team’s capacity to integrate M&E functions in the staff routine work with a view to influencing strategic decisions based on evidence.
- Provide guidance to and coordinate with regional M&E Managers.
- Support proposal development processes by providing inputs to narrative and financial planning, including the development of appropriate (SMART) indicators, costing for MEAL activities and contributing to Performance Management Plans Enhance learning across the programme team by driving the process of quarterly evidence reviews and provide expert inputs which feed into reporting (3 quarterly reports and an annual report).
- Significant monitoring and evaluation experience (4 years+) in humanitarian or development contexts · Quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis tools
- Degree, preferably in statistics, information management, management, social Sciences or related fields
- Proven track record and experience in developing M&E plan, systems and database using MS office applications (Excel or Access)
- Proven ICT skills especially in the development of MIS software using database software
- Strong knowledge and proven experience on developing and analyzing logical and conceptual framework
- Ability to train partners and staff on developing and maintaining the M&E system Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team and manage complex and sensitive organisational relationships
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to promoting child rights.
- Ability to manage complex workloads and deliver work to tight deadlines
- Ability to travel frequently and stay in difficult environments