Company : Mercy Corps
Location : Kampala, Uganda ( 40% travel to field offices in Uganda required)
Closing date: Friday 8th June 2018 at 5pm
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. It has been present in Uganda since 2006, focusing its interventions on economic and agricultural development, maternal child health and nutrition, governance, conflict management and humanitarian response. In 2017, Mercy Corps had an impact on almost 1 million beneficiaries in Uganda through our work focusing on building resilience and enabling economic growth, improving opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improving governance and conflict management. Common themes include community engagement, inclusive development, gender, and working in partnership with local government, the private sector and civil society actors.
The Sn. HR Manager is responsible for ensuring Human Resources functions to support the staffing needs. The Sn. HR Manager develops strategy for the HR department while focusing on proper implementation of HR procedures in country. S/he ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures and updates National Staff Policy Handbook and local policies. The Sn. HR Manager builds the capacity of all team members across all offices. S/he provides support and advises the Country Director on HR issues. The HR Manager works closely with all staff including Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Program Managers to bring efficiency in HR procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Recruitment, Selection and Placement
• Human Resource Management
• Team Management
• Policies and Manuals
• Representation and Government Liaison
• Disciplinary and Legal
• Administrative Support
Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in relevant field, masters preferred
• Minimum 10 years progressing HR experience
• Proven understanding of complex HR issues and Uganda labor legislation.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, following procedures, meeting deadlines and problem solving independently and cooperatively.
• Excellent negotiation and representation skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent oral and written English skills required; proficiency in alternate language is a plus.
• Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
All applications should be marked: “Senior Human Resource Manager”. E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
People Performance Group
P. O. Box 12405, Kampala
Plot 8 Kitante Close
While we thank all applicants for your interest, Please note that only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be considered and only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.