Company : Promoting Equality in African Schools (PEAS)
Location : Kampala
Deadline : 11th June 2018
Position: Education Specialist – Inspection
Reporting to: Senior Inspector of Schools
This role is to provide education quality assurance through school inspections and reporting. It includes planning and implementation of school inspections in PEAS Uganda network schools and support the development and implementation of school improvement plans. The role requires spending 65% of the time working in the network schools across 21 districts in Uganda.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Work with the senior inspector of schools in planning and implementing the yearly net-work inspection process and ensure that all the PEAS schools are inspected regularly to monitor the quality of education.
- Ensure and coordinate the self-inspection process for all the PEAS net-work schools prior to the external inspection.
- Communicate and enforce the MoE&S and PEAS policies and regulations in the schools.
- Ensure and support schools to develop SMART SIPs and further guide their implementation in the schools.
- Planning for the inspection training needs of school leaders and setting clear objectives.
- Produce and present high quality inspection reports for respective net-work schools that have transparent judgments based on valid and secure evidence.
- Support the department on cascading PEAS inspection process to strategic partners including conducting inspections in partner schools
Skills and Competences:
- In-depth knowledge of current national and government educational policies and guidelines
- Mentoring, supporting, guidance and counselling skills.
- Data collection skills through relevant observations, interviews and focus group discussions.
- Persuasive strategic communication skills and ability to effectively build consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize use of time and limited resources toward meeting ambitious and measurable objectives.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Commitment to PEAS values.
- Understanding and appreciating the geographical cultural, social and economic constraints that influence the schools’ ethos
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English language
- Operating or working in a setting where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued.
- Willingness to travel and spend time in challenging environments.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Post graduate Training in Education Management.
At least 5 years’ experience in Education management and administration of secondary schools at head teacher level.
Experience of leading the delivery of quality secondary school education and whole-school curriculum.
Experience in developing and implementing professional school inspection systems and processes that drive school improvement.
Experience in school evaluations and reporting through critical analysis of school data.
How to Apply for the job:
• No hand delivered applications shall be accepted in this process.
• Include all portions of your application in one attached document as a PDF document, and use Regional Programmes Manager or Education Specialist – Inspection as the subject of your email.
PEAS is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its recruitment practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
PEAS is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.