Company : Sense International
Location : Kampala
Deadline : 25th May 2018
About the Organization:
Sense International is an international development NGO that works to ensure children and young people with deaf blindness and multi - sensory impairment live, learn and thrive. Sense International works in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Romania, Peru, India, Bangladesh, and Nepal. www.senseinternational.org.uk
Position: Country Director
Reports To: Director Sense International
Major Role: Managing the sense International Ugandan Team
Hours: 37.5hours a week
Purpose of the Role:
Provides leadership to the organization, reviewing and implementing the agreed country strategy, and is accountable for all functions of Sense international Uganda.
- Reviewing and developing the strategic direction in conjunction with the Director of Si and providing support for Governance
- Leadership and oversight of programmes, including capacity building with partner organizations
- Financial management and reporting
- Grant Contract management
- Resource mobilization, partnerships and alliances
- Advocacy, representation and communications
- Human resource management
- Accountability, compliance and learning
- Degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Development Studies or a related ﬁeld.
- A relevant post graduate qualiﬁcation is desirable
- At least 7 years minimum working experience in similar setting with an understanding of working within a federation, or family of organizations and coordinating with a ‘central’ ofﬁce, secretariat or hub.
- Experience of supporting a Board and working with Board level Directors to ensure good governance.
- Experience in national level advocacy work, including setting targets and tracking change.
- Demonstrated experience with programme and grant management including budgeting and funds management in the region of 1,050,000,000 Ugandan Shillings or GBP £243,000 per annum.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English. Swahili is desirable.
- Strong ﬁnancial management skills.
- Inter-personal skills and the ability to inﬂuence and negotiate.
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Understanding of how to promote proﬁle through social medial
- Passionate about disability empowerment
- Able to demonstrate personal integrity and lead by example
- Committed to promoting SI values and living the Si statements and ensuring equality of opportunity and inclusion for all contacts of SI Uganda
- Creative, inspiring, and participatory leadership
- Ability to think strategically alongside attention to detail
- Fosters learning and innovation
- Conﬁdent and assertive with the ability to establish and maintain positive collaborative relationships with external stakeholders.
Job application procedure
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or email below.
All applications should be marked:
Country Director-Sense International.
E-mails that Exceed 2MB will not be considered,
Closing Date: Friday 25th May 2018 at 5pm
Address: People Performance Group, Plot 8, Kitante Close,
P.O. Box 12405 Kampala.
You may also ﬁnd the full job description on www.kazijobs.com