Location: NUCAFE Head Office
NUCAFE is a private, non Profit organization registered under the laws of Uganda as a company limited by guarantee and is governed by a memorandum and articles of association. Currently NUCAFE is a hub of 188 farmer associations, cooperatives and estates representing more than 200,000 coffee farming households which constitute over 1,000,000 farmers all over the five major coffee growing regions of Uganda.
Coffee farmers profitably own their coffee along the coffee value chain for sustainable livelihoods and customer satisfaction for societal transformation
To establish a sustainable market driven system of coffee farmer enterprises and organizations which are empowered to increase their household incomes through enhanced entrepreneurship and innovation.
NUCAFE’s system of operation is premised on the Farmer Ownership Model (FOM) and is implemented using the Farmer Group – Association framework, which is designed to help small scale coffee farmers to adopt a business view of farming and organize themselves to assume as many roles in the value chain as possible to keep pace with market and consumer demands
The accounting data entry clerk will be responsible for the double entry of the information into the accounting software systems together with other bookkeeping duties such as coding, recording ,posting and processing day to day transactions
The main key roles.
- Daily entry of transactions into the accounting software.
- Codes source documents such as invoices and receipts to the appropriate accounts
- Maintains and updates accounting records by performing duties such as recording and posting transactions in journals and the general ledger for accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Responds to inquiries and requests regarding supplier payments
- Assists the accountant or financial manager in the preparation for audit and the production of financial statements, budgets and other financial reports by performing such duties as providing related documentation, preparing various accounting summaries and reports, and compiling statistics.
- Ensure that the trial balance is up to date for the review by the Accountant
- Ensure that all the transactions comply with the financial policies and procedure
- Work closely with the records and archives assistant in the compiling and sorting of all documents for data entry
- Issues receipts to customers and ensure that the cash is banked
Key result Areas:
1- Updated cash book
2- Trial balance
3- Up to date Accounts receivable position
4- Up to date accounts payable report
5- Aging report
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting ,finance and/ or any other related course
Organizational core competencies
- Coffee knowledge
- Exceptional Time management
- Knowledge in accounting or any other accounting software
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Team work
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- A minimum of two years working in any finance/ accounting field
Preferred Gender: open
Preferred age group: 20-37years