Established in 1988, the MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit is an internationally recognized Center of excellence for research on HIV infection and related diseases, contributing knowledge on the evolving epidemic, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention, and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide. The Unit’s head offices are located at the Uganda Virus Research Institute- Entebbe Campus, and the main research activities in Masaka, Kalungu, Kampala and Wakiso districts, including the peri-urban areas of Entebbe. The Unit is now seeking enthusiastic and experienced individuals to fill the following positions:
Role Position: Senior Procurement Officer (01 position)
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
The overall responsibility of the post holder will be to deliver a standard of excellence in the procurement functions which supports end- users through a transparent and informative procurement system, which returns value for money and quality products or services to best meet the Unit standards and requirements.
To develop procurement plans that will support MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit’ operations in the most cost effective and efficient manner. 2. To assess and select potential suppliers, drawing up contracts according to the organization procedures in a way that builds long term, mutually beneficial relationships. 3. To lead the Procurement Management Department, in a manner that empowers them to deliver excellent customer service and high standards. Check out the website for details
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and supply chain management, Commerce, or Business Administration.
- Full/part Professional qualification (CIPS) is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in busy procurement office with direct supervision of personnel.
- Experience working with ERP packages, MS Office programs, office equipment (printer, fax, copier, and scanner);
- Working knowledge of MS Dynamics-Navision; Oracle ERP system is an added advantage.
- Should have people management skills.
- Experience working with in a medical/Humanitarian organization is of an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Note that academic qualifications will be subjected to verification by the issuing institutions. Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit
P.O.Box, 49 Entebbe, Uganda
For the detailed job description and procedure for application, please visit http://www.mrcuganda.org/jobs