Company : Pollicy Org
Deadline : September 24th, 2018
Pollicy believes in the power of data to revolutionize how governments deliver services to their citizens. We aim to digitally transform government services across Africa through an information-centric approach and craft better life experiences by harnessing improved data.
There are major gaps within government and stakeholders in collecting data, analyzing this data and using this data within planning, budgeting and programming. By improving data processes, we can improve how services are delivered, how budgets are allocated, how citizens interact with governments and how organizations advocate for social change.
Pollicy is looking for a Program Manager to coordinate a project focused on safe migration through our platform, Wetaase. Wetaase, which means ‘save me’, is a platform to track and reduce incidences of domestic and international human trafficking. Its framework includes a phone and web-based helpline which provides information, referral to legal aid, aftercare services and extraction of persons. Users can make informed decisions, form safe migration strategies and learn to look out for the signs of human trafficking. Data is used to create regional data-driven advocacy campaigns and in turn, strengthen the prevention of trafficking from the East Africa region through active monitoring and tracking.
We are currently in the process of scaling up the Wetaase operations within Uganda, and are looking for a dynamic program manager to run our operations across the country. This will include serving as the key spokesperson for the project, meeting with key stakeholders, coordinating project activities across multiple locations, promoting dialogue and conversation at national and grassroots level, and serving as the creative force behind our advocacy work.
Job tasks will include:
- Implement project objectives in a timely manner
- Create and manage long-term goals.
- Develop a budget and operating plan for the program
- Establish work plans and determine deliverables within the time frame
- Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Meet with government and citizens/communities to better tailor our product
- Collaborate with the Research Lead to achieve research objectives
- Conduct ongoing data collection and research
- Work with developers on the platform
- Work with the Executive Director to build new partnerships and seek additional funding sources
- Facilitate trainings, workshops and community dialogues
Who should apply?
We are looking for mid-career professionals interested in working on civic technology issues pertinent to sub-saharan Africa. The position is only open to Ugandans, with up to 25% travel up-country.
You must have:
- At least an undergraduate degree
- At least 5 years experience with project management
- An open mind and desire to try out new things
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience using mobile technology within prior projects
You can learn more about Pollicy at pollicy.org, on Twitter at @PollicyOrg or on Facebook!